Ms aposiOpesis

Ms O's troupe of tangents, affair of asides, multitude of meanderings, bevy of blatherings.

Irony

| 2 Comments

Adapted from a facebook note

In browsing through Flair just now (facebook app, in case you’ve managed to avoid being sent flair by me over the last year), I noticed yet another pathetic example of someone uploading her idea without checking for spelling, grammar, etc.

That’s not the irony–that’s just another day.

What’s closer to ironic is that this particular button contained not only a spelling error that would be easily fixed with the smallest amount of proofreading, but a particular slur that I loathe (as my students know), one that is so overused even by people who usually wouldn’t use such slurs against groups of people.

Oh, no, that’s still not the irony…wait for it.

The point of the button was to make fun of the lack of intelligence of Rap music artists. (I also happen to know, from teaching a few years’ worth of students, that many couldn’t find a syllabic pattern, or metrical foot, to save their lives, and writing even a few lines of words that make sense *and* fit a particular pattern is incredibly difficult–rapping is *not* easy, no matter what you think of the art form.)

In making fun of the intelligence of others, this button managed to spell a very important word incorrectly AND use a no-no put-down that’s too juvenile to even stomach.

Wow.

It said: RAP: Retards Attempting Poerty [sic].

God, please keep all the stupid people away from me. I really can’t handle them right now. And may Chuck D. rain some schooling down on this idiot flairmaker’s parade, just a little.

2 Comments