Ms aposiOpesis

Ms O's troupe of tangents, affair of asides, multitude of meanderings, bevy of blatherings.

Netflix, Coughing, and Corruption

| 2 Comments

Did I get any cleaning done today?  No.

Did my panic subside today? No, but there were diversions.

I did have a joyful and productive 90 minute Zoom meeting with my principal and colleagues, and while we still don’t know for sure what’s going to be happening next week and beyond, we do have lots of great minds working on it, and terrific ideas.  And I miss my colleagues. Holly, my boss, takes screenshots “Brady Bunch” style, and posts them in our team Band, and it’s doing us good.

Also, tonight, we did our first Netflix Party, where friends can watch the same movie simultaneously from remote locations, plus have a chat window going.  If one person pauses, it pauses for everyone, just as if you were in the same room (but you can also set it so that the host has full control, but I did not).

There were five of us tonight–Justin and me, Michelle, Deborah, and Robert–and our choice was The Life of Brian. It’s been years since I’ve watched that movie, and yes, it was just as good a remembered, so very clever, but some of the gags certainly did not age well, but that’s going to be true of many classics.  This movie couldn’t be made today, I don’t think, and not just because of the politically incorrect jokes here and there.

In any case, more Netflix parties should happen.

In less fun news today, more corruption from the ruling Republican Party.  Seems some profited off knowing about the coming pandemic without ever notifying the public (both in stocks and by actually having a fundraiser and telling the paying guests). When the book is written about these years in American history, there are going to be generations of descendants wanting to change their surnames from many that we see in newspapers today.

It’s been nearly four years of constant cruelty and unimaginable corruption, not to mention the ineptitude.

Also, on the home front, I feel worse instead of better.  My coughing is to the point of making me grey out, but I’m used to that.  My temperature is up a tiny bit, but nothing to worry about.  However, I’m so tired.  Not just a mentally worn out tired, but absolute exhaustion tired, and it hit me suddenly after my Zoom meeting (actually during…I barely managed to finish). I’m up now, and was up for the movie, however, so maybe it was just a passing thing?

Anyway, cheers from Day 6, which was cold and rainy and grey. I’d feel much better if the sun were out.  Peace and Health!

2 Comments