Ms aposiOpesis

Ms O's troupe of tangents, affair of asides, multitude of meanderings, bevy of blatherings.

Star Wars…um, Sorta?!?

| 0 comments

Too hilarious not to share.  From our friends at Boing Boing, here’s a narration of Star Wars from someone who’s neither a fan nor…well…a viewer…

So, after that, I have to ask: What classic movies (or books) have you been hearing about your entire life but haven’t seen or read?  How much of the classic could you actually speak to, however, simply be living in the culture that has produced it?

I just finished The Odyssey with tenth graders, and one of the reasons I teach it is because it’s the foundation of so much of Western literary culture; allusions and references to it are unavoidable.  Even without having read it, many could pick out these allusions and references (without full understanding, of course).

I know that I could tell you the motif song of Casablanca before I ever saw it, and I can pick up on students’ catch-phrases and T-shirts from Napolean Dynamite though I still haven’t seen it (but I want to).

How about you?